October 31: Modern Brush Lettering with Letters By Shells
Instructor: Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells
Date: Saturday, October 31, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (3 Hour Workshop)
The workshop will take place in an outdoor patio located in front of our shop at: 305 E. 4th St. Unit 103, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Class Size: 10 students maximum - limited capacity for physical distancing
The overall purpose of this Brush Lettering Workshop is to help you get started with your lettering journey by reviewing all the lettering drills and techniques step-by-step. Join Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells in this fun and interactive 3-hour workshop where you will learn the brush lettering basics + drills including the following topics:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- The tools to help you get started
- Differing pressure levels with brush pens
- Differences between brush pens (small vs large brush pens)
- Common practice drills and drawing each letter with intention
- The faux calligraphy process
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. We will also be writing a few words such as "hello," "love," and "joy." Throughout the class, Shelly will provide personal feedback + tips on ways to explore and develop your own lettering style!
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen is hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
- Brush Lettering Workbook (144 pages) includes- Alphabet sheet guide, outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, different styles + compositions, DIY projects, and additional tips + techniques
- Lettering Paper, Personalized Name Tag, Gifts from Shelly
- Email recap of all the tools, along with a lifetime digital access to the practice sheets from the workbook (uppercase + lowercase breakdown)
This workshop is all about discovering your creative side and having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*
COVID-19 Safety Measures & Requirements:
We want to provide both a fun and safe outdoor workshop experience and environment for workshop attendees. Please help keep yourself and others safe and adhere to our COVID Safety Measures & Requirements.
- Seating arrangements will provide physical distancing from other attendees and the instructor.
- All attendees are required to wear a face covering. You will need to bring your own face covering and wear them at all times during the workshop.
- The workshop instructor will wear a face covering and maintain physical distance while providing instruction.
- Light refreshments will be served. Items will be individually packaged and provided at your seat.
- You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking but you’ll need to remain at your seat and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- All workshop attendees will undergo a temperature screening at check-in. Anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be asked to transfer to a future workshop.
- A hand sanitizer station will be available.
If you register for the workshop, but are in any the following situations, please request a transfer to a future workshop:
- If you have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 48 hours prior to the workshop date - fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea)
- If you are isolating or quarantining because you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, are sick with COVID-19, or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- If you are currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test
What else do you need to know?
You do not need to bring anything else to the workshop, just yourself! The registration cost is all-inclusive of materials needed for this experience!
Space is limited. Workshop registrations are NONREFUNDABLE. Please make sure you are able to attend the workshop date and time before you complete your purchase. Be sure to visit the Workshop FAQ page for a complete overview of our workshop policies.
If you have further questions about workshops, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Sorry, currently out of stock