June 5: Intro to Modern Calligraphy with Angelique, Ink
Instructor: Angi Phillips of Angelique, Ink
Date: Sunday, June 5, 2022
Time: 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (3 Hour Workshop)
The workshop will take place INDOORS, inside our shop at 305 E. 4th St. Unit 103, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Enjoy a full experience learning the art of modern calligraphy with Angi of Angelique Ink! Whether you're brand new, self-taught or even if you've taken a class before and need a refresher, this class is for you! In the beginner class, you will learn the tools and techniques for creating beautiful modern day calligraphy with a dip pen. You'll learn how to properly hold an oblique calligraphy pen, gain an understanding of calligraphic pen strokes and constructing letterforms, controlling the pen, and connecting letters. In this course, you will also get an introduction to composition and styling, and personal one-on-one instruction and feedback from Angi, so you can walk away with all the tools you need for developing your skill and style. A thoughtfully curated and beautifully presented complete set of beginner supplies including her instructional guide book with practice alphabets and tips on styling is included for you to take home for practice!
Space is limited. Registration in advance is required.
Class Size: 20 students
*We are back at full capacity with no physical distancing
**Those attending with others can request to be seated together by indicating they are in the same group
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
Please help keep yourself and others safe and adhere to our COVID Safety Measures & Requirements.
- MASKS ARE OPTIONAL: We will follow county guidelines for the mask policy in effect at the time of the workshop.
- Currently per Orange County guidelines following the CA Dept. of Public Health, masks are required for unvaccinated individuals in indoor public settings and businesses.
- Masks are optional for vaccinated individuals.
- Proof of vaccination for attendees is not required.
- The above guidelines apply to both instructors and workshop attendees.
- If you register for the workshop, but are in any the following situations, please request to be moved to a future workshop:
- If you have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 48 hours prior to the workshop date - fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea)
- If you are isolating or quarantining because you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, are sick with COVID-19, or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- If you are currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test
What else do you need to know?
You do not need to bring anything else to the workshop, just yourself! The registration cost is all-inclusive of materials needed for this experience!
Space is limited. Workshop registrations are NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE. Please make sure you are able to attend the workshop date and time before you complete your purchase. Be sure to visit the Workshop FAQ page for a complete overview of our workshop policies.
If you have further questions about workshops, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org