Instructor: Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells
Date: Sunday, July 15
Time: 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. (3 Hour Workshop)
Shop Address: 305 E. 4th St. Unit 103, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Class Size: 22 students maximum
Cost: $120 per person
The overall purpose of this workshop is to feel confident practicing Modern Brush Lettering at home using all the information and tools given. During this 3 hour workshop, you will not only learn the basics of modern brush lettering, but the following topics will also be covered:
- How to hold your brush pen
- Differing pressure levels
- Differences between brush pens
- Common practice drills
- What is fauxcalligraphy?
- How to connect letters
- How to achieve bouncy lettering
- Understanding the different styles that can be achieved
- Understanding different brush pens by testing out 17 different brands
As a class, we will be able to practice both uppercase and lowercase alphabet by breaking down the connections to each letter in a word. Also, we will review frequently asked questions throughout the workshop together!
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen Set: (includes- Crayola Marker, Tombow Fudenosuke, and Pentel Fude Touch Brush Pen)
- 60+ Page Workbook: (includes- Alphabet Sheet Guide, practice worksheets, and tips and techniques)
- HP Premium Laser Jet Paper to letter on
- Small Gift along with a Personalized Name Tag
- An exclusive motivational @lettersbyshells tote bag to carry all the materials home
This workshop is all about being positive and having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering! I have tailored this workshop for you all to not only learn a new hobby, but also be able to discover your own creative side! This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!