August 12: Modern Brush Lettering with Letters By Shells
Instructor: Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells
Date: Saturday, August 12
Time: 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. (3 Hour Workshop)
The workshop will take place inside our shop at 305 E. 4th St. Unit 103, Santa Ana, CA 92701
Class Size: 20 students
*Those attending with others can request to be seated together by indicating they are in the same group
The overall purpose of this Modern Brush Lettering Workshop is to help you get started with your lettering journey by reviewing all the lettering drills and techniques step-by-step. Join Shelly Kim of Letters By Shells in this fun and interactive 3-hour workshop where you will learn the brush lettering basics + drills including the following topics:
- Ways to hold your brush pen
- The tools to help you get started
- Differing pressure levels with brush pens
- Differences between brush pens (small vs large brush pens)
- Common practice drills and drawing each letter with intention
- The faux calligraphy process
- Connecting letters
- Guidance on achieving bouncy lettering
- Guidance on achieving different styles
As a class, we will be able to practice a few uppercase and lowercase letters by breaking down the connections of each letter in a word. We will also be writing a few words such as "hello," "love," and "joy." Throughout the class, Shelly will provide personal feedback + tips on ways to explore and develop your own lettering style!
This workshop includes all the materials needed to get started, including:
- Brush Pen Set (Each brush pen is hand-picked and will serve a different purpose)
- Brush Lettering Workbook (144 pages): includes- Alphabet sheet guide, outline of the basics, practice sheets for both uppercase & lowercase letters, different styles + compositions, DIY projects, and additional tips + techniques
- Lettering Paper, Personalized Name Tag, and Gifts from Shelly
- Email recap of all the tools, along with a digital access to the practice sheets from the workbook (uppercase + lowercase breakdown)
This workshop is all about discovering your creative side and having fun while learning the beauty of Modern Brush Lettering!
*This workshop requires no prior experience in calligraphy or lettering. Let's all just use this time to relax, learn, and letter with good company!*
Space is limited. Registration in advance is required.
What else do you need to know?
You do not need to bring anything else to the workshop, just yourself! The registration cost is all-inclusive of materials needed for this experience!
Space is limited. Workshop registrations are NONREFUNDABLE and NONTRANSFERABLE. Please make sure you are able to attend the workshop date and time before you complete your purchase. Be sure to visit the Workshop FAQ page for a complete overview of our workshop policies.
If you have further questions about workshops, feel free to contact us at email@example.com